got tulip crew aka gtc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place where the members of the got tulip crew can talk about wheelin trips, fabrication, etc.

+9
Jeep Trick
SHORTBUS
foley
Anvil Recovery
hoop5
Chip
JeepMonkey
White Lightening
Tulip
13 posters

Memorial Day Moab Trip

Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Memorial Day Moab Trip Empty Memorial Day Moab Trip

Post by Tulip Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Post up hookers, if you are going. I originally sent out an email with Josh being the point man. He still is but we are putting this on the gtc forum which will make communicating easier. So post up and don't be a ...........WHORE!!!!.......and back out. lol!
    Who is in? (updated 3/16/09)
    Tulip and Crystal
    Troy Rankin aka Jeep Monkey
    Josh and Amanda Bertschy aka Anvil Recovery
    Tim Hooper aka Hoop5
    Ben and Sarah Garrison
    Charles and Stacy Beavers
    Russ and Christy Baer

Last edited by Tulip on Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:53 am; edited 3 times in total
    White Lightening
    White Lightening

Memorial Day Moab Trip Empty Re: Memorial Day Moab Trip

Post by White Lightening Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:02 am

Let me see. I was thinking the fall. Rolling Eyes
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:34 am

Sorry man, this has already been decided to make this trip around Memorial Day.
    JeepMonkey
    JeepMonkey

Post by JeepMonkey Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:27 am

I'm in calling trailer spot tulip.
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:42 am

Your in. Josh should be posting up later today about the Moab trip.
    JeepMonkey
    JeepMonkey

Post by JeepMonkey Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:25 am

ya need some details to save up cash.
    White Lightening
    White Lightening

Post by White Lightening Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:51 am

If the buggy is done and I went on the cheap way. I might be able to swing it. I do need details also
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:53 pm

This is a really good book about Moab. It lists most of the major trails with a small blurb and their GPS coordinates with turn by turn waypoints. Used this when I went out to Moab 5 years ago, and I will be taking the waypoints from this book (they can be downloaded from this site) and will be putting them in my GPS for the trip this May.

http://www.funtreks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1
    Chip
    Chip

Post by Chip Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:44 pm

I am going to try and make it! Does this mean there is going to be a small crowd in Clayton?
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:05 am

Who knows, but I am sure they will have the normal crowd. However, call the cool kids will be in Moab.................. Laughing
    hoop5
    hoop5

Post by hoop5 Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:57 am

I'm trying like hell to make it. Been selling myself for some extra cash to finish the buggy. Do they still give money for plasma and sperm?????
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:42 am

You would have to pay someone to take any of those things from you. No wonder you don't have any money. Laughing

So Josh, when you are going to post up some info about the trip ya whore!!!!!!!!
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Memorial Day Moab Trip Empty Great I have been left in charge again!!!

Post by Anvil Recovery Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:25 pm

Well I guess this started out as my idea and it caught on pretty quick and Im excited for sure. I will say to those that have not been there before that Moab is not the hardest trails in the world but its a great experience, I love the rocks, traction and the town has tons of stuff to do between fixing your junk... The Moab Brewery has some of the best beer and wings I have ever had!!!

OK here are the details on what Amanda, Hippie and I are doing...

We will be leaving Thursday night as soon as I get off work (already loaded) May 21st and driving all through the night to arrive sometime Friday May 22nd. We will be staying through May 30th so I can have enough time to drive back and rest at-least most of the day Sunday before I have to go back to work...

As it stands right now I will be hauling my rig and Hoop's rig. If for some reason Hoop cant go then I will haul Scott Roberts rig (another Mena boy). If for some reason neither one of those guys can go then I will post up and try to get someone to split fuel with. For your info when Hoop and i went to N.C. and Ala. we averaged 12.6 mpg so splitting the fuel bill made it out as if we were getting about 25mpg... If you have the rig and trailer I highly recommend it!!! Besides last trip I only woke up long enough to pass Hoop another Monster!!! LOL sucker!!!

We will be staying at the River Canyon Lodge. I have stayed there before and their rates are competitive, rooms are great, has a pool and hot-tub and has plenty of trailer parking. Now we wont be able to be pulling the trailers in and out all the time but we should have enough parking for all if organized correctly. Besides if we need a truck to run around town in I dont mind offering my truck as long as we park another truck in front of the trailer so its not stolen.

River Canyon Lodge is closed right now because of the off season but i contacted Steve for reservations. He told me he will forward it to the person i need to speak too. I will publish the contact info as soon as I get it. When you do contact hem please make sure you tell him you are with the Anvil Recovery Crew because if we get enough rooms rented as a group we could qualify for discounts and that's good for all of us...

River Canyon Lodge IS PET FRIENDLY. There is a non refundable 20.00 charge and you have to leave a credit card on file for any damages...

I will be sharing a room with my buddy David Cole and his wife Tracy because they have 2 bedroom with kitchenettes. I would appreciate it if I am not the only one that gets a kitchenette room so i am not stuck with the croud at dinner every-night. Maybe at least one other would be awsome.

Every big trip I have loosely organized we have all pitched in and worked together to make things cheaper and easier. I have always started the volunteer system for the dinners. What I have done in the past is have 1 or 2 couples cook dinner for everyone for one night that way you only have to cook and clean once. It usually works out great. I say everyone should be responsible for their own breakfast and lunch. Hippie brings her own food too...

Water Water Water. I cant express enough about the water when going to the Moab Desert. I have already (SAMPLED) 5 cases of Mercedes-Benz water for the trip and will probably grab a couple more before we go. (I can do that, its marketing and I do all the dealership marketing) Razz There is a treehuggin, granola eatin, wheelerhatin, outdoor supply store that has free filtered water if you want to fill up jugs every couple days.

I plan on hitting the hardest trails available when I go. Pritchett Canyon, Helldarado and those are the ones I am going to. For those that might be on the smaller tires that might be uneasy about these trails should not be intimidated. There is tons of traction and the wheeling there is not like Clayton. Besides, i would leave a man behind for any reason and I welcome anyone to wheel with me. Its more about the comradery than the egos!!! Hell last time in Pritchett I towed a TJ on 35s from about 300 yards into the trail all the way through and back out again with a broken front track-bar and broken transfer-case and it was the best damn day i had all trip long...

I plan on having 1 day where all the guys wheel and plan on staying the night under the stars in tents camping and cooking on the fire... (I volunteer to cook that night) SO far all the guys have been up for it and all the girls have not!!!

I want to say that this is a NO DRAMA trip. I am not by any means saying I am in charge of anything besides the bright idea!!! I will help anyone that I can but this is a non schedule, no deadlines, no pressure, no ego, if your panties get in a wad then take them off kind of trip. So bring your rigs, coolers packed full of beer and groceries, spare parts and tools and lets have some well deserved fun...

Oh and I will be bringing bigger tools that most dont carry like impact, saws, welder, gear setup, wiring and those kinds of things to be left in the truck for the bigger all night if we have to kind of repairs. I will also start a tread regarding the spare parts everyone wants to try to collect before then so if you have crap laying around that you can help others with then it would be great...

I dont know everyone that has decided to go but I'm sure not everyone knows me either. I love that about this sport!!! Some of my very best friends I have met in the middle of the woods!

You all can contact my at 479.225.6418 or at josh@anvilrecovery.com

OK Tulip I just spent 30 minutes writing this!!! I will post up more when I get the details.. JOSH
    hoop5
    hoop5

Post by hoop5 Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:47 am

I am putting my foot downn on me driving 20hrs straight while you and amanda snore!!!

BTW for those that don't know, you actually can drink enough monster that your pee is radioactive green Laughing
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:44 am

Now that is just nasty.................
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:25 am

hoop5 wrote:
    BTW for those that don't know, you actually can drink enough monster that your pee is radioactive green Laughing

I dont want to explain why I know this to be true, not ever drinking a Monster myself!!!
    foley
    foley

Memorial Day Moab Trip Empty Not infected

Post by foley Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:25 am

while I refuse to be infected by the virus of chris's gratuitous self promotion. I guess this is where the details get hashed.

I couldn't find this cause it's not even on his dang website. How was I to know it's "foremotion.net"

Talana and I discussed this trip and we're in with a few stipulations:

1) That we (and our dogs) are actually welcome to join... think long and hard about this before you commit to it if you know me!

2) That you all will tolerate my Mom hanging with us for some or all of the time. She probably won't get to wheel with us, but will hang out in town and do some non-wheeling sightseeing.

3) I've got space on a gooseneck as well, and can bring lots of big tools. Josh and I will have to coordinate that. Obviously Talana gets a choice in who rides with us, so if you burp or fart a lot plan on riding in the bed with the dogs.

4) It's going to take some doing to have the samurai able to go for a trip like this with dogs and gear etc. Look for me to be asking people to throw in a hand if you're near my shop between now and then.

5) I'll volunteer to get another 2 bedroom kitchinette and split it with my Mom.
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:45 am

foley wrote:while I refuse to be infected by the virus of chris's gratuitous self promotion. I guess this is where the details get hashed.
    Now thats funny because in my case, I believe you introduced me to Chris with out any warning, regard or from what I can tell any remorse!!!

I couldn't find this cause it's not even on his dang website. How was I to know it's "foremotion.net"

1) That we (and our dogs) are actually welcome to join... think long and hard about this before you commit to it if you know me!

Ill jump off the deep end by saying you and Talan are more than welcome to wheel with me! Besides this is vacation so Ill need someone to fix my junk!!!LOL
    2) That you all will tolerate my Mom hanging with us for some or all of the time. She probably won't get to wheel with us, but will hang out in town and do some non-wheeling sightseeing.

Your Mom huh??? You really dont mind bringing your mom around the group of us??? That seems unloving and crule to me but hell she is welcome as far as Im concerned, she should have fun. Does she live close???

3) I've got space on a gooseneck as well, and can bring lots of big tools. Josh and I will have to coordinate that. Obviously Talana gets a choice in who rides with us, so if you burp or fart a lot plan on riding in the bed with the dogs.

4) It's going to take some doing to have the samurai able to go for a trip like this with dogs and gear etc. Look for me to be asking people to throw in a hand if you're near my shop between now and then.

5) I'll volunteer to get another 2 bedroom kitchinette and split it with my Mom.

The person you need to call for reservations is Austena, her numper is 435.259.8838
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:54 am

OK now I am not saying everyone has to do what I am doing but I will be staying at the River Canyon Lodge. The person to talk to about reservations is Austena. Her number is 435.259.8838. Be sure to tell her my name, Josh Bertschy with Anvil Recovery. We don't qualify for discounts but once she sees the size of group I am going to really work on her for us!!!

JOSH
    foley
    foley

Post by foley Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Anvil Recovery wrote: once she sees the size of group I am going to really work on her for us!!!

JOSH

make sure the video gets to youtube!
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:14 pm

while I refuse to be infected by the virus of chris's gratuitous self promotion. I guess this is where the details get hashed.

Knowing me, you know I am synonomous with "gratuitous self promotion"; it comes with the package and if you know anything about how the "got tulip" thing started you know it is a stab at wheelin cliques, like the The Blacksheep, The Tribe, Texas Rockcrawlers, etc. Sorta ironic that this has turned into a clique as well. So, really, I guess I am making fun of myself too, which I have no problem with. Laughing WHOA!!!!!! Wait a minute, speaking of gratuitous self promotion, I seem to recall there being a website out there called, www.foleydevelopments.com , hmmmmmm........ Welcome to the gratuitous self promotion meeting group and admitting you have a problem.........."My name is Foley. <group welcomes him> "Hi Foley".........and I am a gratuitous self promoter........"

Bitch, bitch, bitch. I can't help if you're not strong in the powers of the Interweb. No one ever said it was on www.gottulip.com (yet another plug at gratuitous self promotion). However, I am looking to redirect my website soon and change it to this one.

Your Mom is a sweetheart, what the fuck happened to you?

Yes I know that means me.

SHORTBUS
    SHORTBUS

Post by SHORTBUS Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:49 am

I'm in even though I can't drive worth a crap. drunken
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:45 am

SHORTBUS wrote:I'm in even though I can't drive worth a crap. drunken

Ben drop down on the following thread and add your contact info... Im getting a contact list together...

cant wait, its going to be a grat trip!!!

JOSH
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:53 pm

JeepMonkey wrote:I'm in calling trailer spot tulip.

Troy sign onto the contact list so I can keep the list going!

JOSH
    Jeep Trick
    Jeep Trick

Post by Jeep Trick Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:12 am

Well, I am planning on going. I need to get going on spare parts!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:33 pm