got tulip crew aka gtc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place where the members of the got tulip crew can talk about wheelin trips, fabrication, etc.

2 posters

BOX TRUCK TOYHAULER

Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

BOX TRUCK TOYHAULER Empty BOX TRUCK TOYHAULER

Post by Anvil Recovery Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:03 am

I can send pics if requested. I have for sale a 2000 model Ford F-650 Box truck. The box is 26 foot, has a hydro lift gate (Maxon brand), roll up rear door.

The engine is a 5.9 Turbo Cummins, 6 speed manual transmission and the wheels are 22.5s. The front tires have great tread and the 4 rear tires were replaced about 500 miles ago. This truck has Hydro brakes, not the air brakes so you would not need any special license to drive it. The odometer has 400k miles but the engine was replaced with a new one about 13 months ago.

The truck is white and the interior is grey vinyl. the dash is like the same year F-250s and 350s. The seat is a 60-40 bench. The drivers seat has some cracks but not bad at all. The 60 portion has very little wear. The floorboard is the thick rubber-vinyl style and is not worn true like some.

I was going to build a wall in the middle of the box to create a RV up front and a garage for the Jeep in the back. I had plans of cutting the back of the cab out and booting it so I could walk from the cab to the box. I since have realized I have to many damn projects as it is so the truck has to go.

I dont know a lot about this truck since i have only owned it a couple months. This is what I do know. It was owned by Mercy Hospital in Springfield Missouri and drove from Springfield to St. Louis and back 2 to 3 times a week delivering medical supplies. The story I got was they were selling it because the driver had to put a gallon of antifreeze in it on the way there and another on the way back. I have not experienced this at all. I drove it from Springfield Mo. to Joplin Mo. and Joplin to Fayetteville Ar. and it did not use a drop that I could tell. I then have driven it to work about 20 times and also to Fort Smith and back twice. I have checked the antifreeze constantly because I did not want to cause any problems but I have had zero problems with this truck. I suspect it may be something as simple as the driver just wanted a new truck or something. This is still a used truck and obviously does not have any kind of warranty.

I am asking 7500.00 and I can deliver it to the Dallas area if needed because I am there usually once a month or so. The fuel tank is about 3/4 full so if there was any additional fuel needed for delivery then I would ask for that payment as well. I could also deliver to other surrounding areas as long as its not to far.

You can contact me at josh @ anvilrecovery .com or at 479-225-6418
    JOSH
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

BOX TRUCK TOYHAULER Empty Re: BOX TRUCK TOYHAULER

Post by Anvil Recovery Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:16 pm

The box truck is gone!!! Going to get an onboard air setup for the Dodge. Going to run rear air springs, air horns and a tank with quick fittings on both front and rear bumpers... and Im going to rebuild my trailer

JOSH
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:48 am

Money well spent bud. You are gonna love that air ride.
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Ok I got a new brake axle for the trailer, all new lights, 2 new wheels for spares, all 4 new tires, all new wiring and going to get a new floor. I thought about paint but I may just pass or I may just buy a case fo rattle can. I just dont know about that yet... SO far without the floor and without paint I have about 1200 into refurbishing a piece of shit trailer No oh well, I paid some bills off and thats a good step...

I also ordered the Ride Rite air ride for the rear of the truck. I already have an air tank and I have some air horns I have been wanting to hook up. I ordered a steering column gauge pod that holds 2 gauges and ordered 2 matching Isspro air gauges that match my boost gauge I already have on the pillar and they all match the factory Dodge gauges. One of the air guages will monitor the tank pressure and the other will monitor the air bag pressure. I got 2 electric valves also. One is the hook up to my horn button so when I honk the steering wheel the air horns blow. The other solinoid is going to be set up on a 3 way switch so I can air up and let out the pressure on the rear springs from inside the cab.

I really wanted an engine driven compressor but I just cant swing the coin right now but I did find a killer deal on a Viair 480 compressor. Its the BIG DADDY!!! I got it for 168.00 if I remember right. Its refurbished but has a 1 year warranty!!! I cant wait to get this system hooked up!!!

JOSH

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:02 am