got tulip crew aka gtc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place where the members of the got tulip crew can talk about wheelin trips, fabrication, etc.

New Land in Daisy

Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

New Land in Daisy Empty New Land in Daisy

Post by Tulip Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:39 am

I downloaded the waypoints from the new land in Daisy that I went to last weekend and created two maps. First one is from the hwy to the front gate, and the second one is of the trails. I will right up a trip report later.

New Land in Daisy BuckCreek_2001

New Land in Daisy BuckCreek_2002
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

New Land in Daisy Empty Re: New Land in Daisy

Post by Tulip Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:00 pm

Last Friday I said what the hell and decided to make the day trip up to Daisy,OK and meet Donnie, Lance Morin, Frank Etier and others to go check out this new land in Daisy that was a huge topic on the Rubicon Owners Forum. So I teched a few things on the Scrambler and loaded it on the gooseneck so all I would have to do was jump in the truck and head out at 5:30am on Saturday morning.

5:30am came VERY early on Saturday morning but I got up, shagged ass and headed out for Daisy, OK. On the way there I get a text from Donnie and Patty to meet them for breakfast in Atoka at a place I like to call "The leaning cafe of Atoka" aka Atoka truck stop. We had a bite to eat and then we headed out for Daisy. 30 minutes later pull into the Conoco station that is just past the Indian Nation Turnpike and it is 25 degrees.

After meeting everyone we head out to the new land which is 5 minutes back towards Atoka. After going down dirt roads for 15 minutes we finally pull into Buck Creek. We met the owner and his name is.................wait for it........Charlie Brown. Laughing Including myself there were 6 rigs so after meeting the owner and we headed out to take a look at the property. There is a main road that used to be seismograph road so we took this up the mountain to the top. When we go to the top we were given carte blanche to create as many trails from 2's - extreme, from the top of the ridge on the mountain, all the way down to the valley and backup the other side. We continued on the road to bottom where they planned on making a camping area. This is where we started the trail in the creek and it progressively got harder (think Green Mamba Extension).

It was time for lunch so we got out of the creek and took the road back to the top and back to the house. Charlie had smoked some ribs and brisket and that was a nice treat for sure. I also took this time to fix my winch which quick working on me and after pulling the cover I discovered the hot wire had pulled loose from the terminal end. I took a pair of visegrips and crimped it all back together and it was good to go.

After wrapping up lunch we decided to split up and make a trail in a spot where we saw a group of rocks. We started up this spot and it was giving us hell. There was no specific line, so we all took a different one, giving it throttle the entire way. The rocks continued halfway up the hill and we continued up the hill and intersected with the seismograph road. We called it the Bunny Slope, but when we go back we are going to make an alternate exit and find more rocks. We headed back down the road and found a 2 trail that was created by the other group so we decided to run it and give it some traffic. We finished that trail and at that point we decided to call it a day and head back.

I will tell you one thing, this place is as good as Rudy's Place in Clayton. It has the same terrain, but it just needs trails running through it. The main loop road works prefect for getting around as we can run trail up and down the hill and then along the bottom as well. There are plenty of rocks just waiting to be explored.

There is a group planning on heading back up there on March 6-8 and I hope I can make it.

Some pics of the new land:

New Land in Daisy Daisy31Jan006
    New Land in Daisy Daisy31Jan008
    New Land in Daisy Daisy31Jan009
    New Land in Daisy Daisy31Jan010
    New Land in Daisy Daisy31Jan011
    New Land in Daisy Daisy31Jan012
    New Land in Daisy Daisy31Jan013
    New Land in Daisy Daisy31Jan014
    New Land in Daisy Daisy31Jan015
    New Land in Daisy Daisy31Jan016
    New Land in Daisy Daisy31Jan017