got tulip crew aka gtc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place where the members of the got tulip crew can talk about wheelin trips, fabrication, etc.

2 posters

20 ton Shop Press

Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

20 ton Shop Press Empty 20 ton Shop Press

Post by Tulip Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:05 am

Finally after 4 months after buying my shop press, I finally put it together (yeah I know, I know). I decided that I was going to convert the press from a standard manual hydraulic jack to have air/hydraulic jack. Here is a pic.

20 ton Shop Press Shoppress

Next, running air lines so I can start using the big compressor and my hose reels. I will only be putting in one drop for now and using 1/2" copper lines and with 1/2" ball valves at every drop. The goal for the end state is to run air lines the length of the shop with several drops at workstations.
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

20 ton Shop Press Empty Re: 20 ton Shop Press

Post by Anvil Recovery Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:04 pm

I think I might convert mine to air over hydro... Mines not a HF press but I bet I could use the same jack you used...?

JOSH
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:10 pm

I bet you could. I had to drill two holes in the bottom of the jack to bolt it down to the mounting plate. Took 10 minutes tops. The air/hydraulic jack is around $80 but if you use a 20% coupon out of a JP magazine, it will knock a little bit off. I will go look at the box and get the part number for the jack for you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:39 pm