got tulip crew aka gtc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place where the members of the got tulip crew can talk about wheelin trips, fabrication, etc.

5 posters

Atlas fluid change, what have you done?

Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Atlas fluid change, what have you done? Empty Atlas fluid change, what have you done?

Post by Tulip Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:02 am

Have had this Atlas 5.0 in the Scrambler for a year now and wheeled about 5 or 6 times on it really hard. Advanced Adapters says to change the fluid in it after so many hours. For those of you who run Atlas's, did you ever change your fluid after running it hard for the first 3 or 4 times or did you say screw it and are still running the original fluid you put in it?
    hoop5
    hoop5

Atlas fluid change, what have you done? Empty Re: Atlas fluid change, what have you done?

Post by hoop5 Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:01 am

I'd rather spend 50 bucks on fluid than buy another atlas. Don't screw with service, change that shit you lazy bastard!
    White Lightening
    White Lightening

Atlas fluid change, what have you done? Empty Re: Atlas fluid change, what have you done?

Post by White Lightening Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:07 am

I didn't change mine but while doing this new build I have drained most of the fluid out of it anyway so it will be getting new fluid in it. If the gears are broken in enough go ahead and change it. If not run it a few more time, then change it.
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:26 am

Yeah will probably wait till after New Years and give it a few more runs.
    Chip
    Chip

Post by Chip Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:36 am

I changed mine once on accident in Clayton....something about knocking off the sight tube started it....wierd.
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:16 am

HAHAHAHA, I remember that. LOL
    pinkracecar
    pinkracecar

Post by pinkracecar Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:29 am

30-wt motor oil for a few hours, then the Amsoil they sent with it, now I have Royal Purple 75-90 gear lube in it and it's finally quiet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content