got tulip crew aka gtc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place where the members of the got tulip crew can talk about wheelin trips, fabrication, etc.

4 posters

Spaghetti Westerns!

Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Spaghetti Westerns! Empty Spaghetti Westerns!

Post by Anvil Recovery Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:41 am

Well I’m a sucker for a good western. Now most think of good westerns and think of John Wayne and Clint Eastwood but really I’m not into a lot of the old Spaghetti Westerns. I like the modern westerns made in Hollywood with current actors.

When it comes to John Wayne, he is the man! I don’t necessarily like his movies but I idolize the image and thought of John Wayne. In-fact I have some boots that when I wear makes me feel like John Wayne! When I have my Ruger Long Colt 45 strapped on my hip I feel like John Wayne. My wife REALLY loves it when I get in those moods! Hahahah

When it comes to Clint Eastwood I became a fan of him in his later shows. Space Cowboys, Absolute Power and his latest and maybe his best recent movie Gran Torino! I think he has really evolved into a one hell of a director. It seems everything he touches turns our awesome. I’m just not a vintage Eastwood fan. Maybe its my age.??? In-fact I had never heard of the saying (Spaghetti Western) until today which sparked the whole thought of my favorite westerns! Tulip your old! Have your heard of the Spaghetti Westerns before??? LOL LOL LOL

Thinking of my favorite Westerns the list does not even have a John Wayne movie and only one Clint Eastwood. When I think of great western movie starts I think of Robert Duvall first and foremost. Man that guy is cool…

When I list my favorite westerns I think of course of good gun fights but I think of real good story lines about guys riding horses and wearing guns… Outlaws, Lawmen, Sexy women in sawdust floor brothels all come to mind!!!

Off the top of my head are just some of my favorites…

1st and foremost is Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid… Yeah it’s an oldie but its one of my favorites for sure. On my first day of business management accounting class my instructor introduced himself and said he got up late and did not bring his material so today we are going to watch a movie. He played Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. With Paul Newman and Robert Redford how can you go wrong? “Just keep thinking Butch”

Open Range with Kevin Costner and Robert Duvall are partners, cattlemen and fight one of the best gunfights in my opinion… I was amazed when Kevin Costner shot a guy through a wall with a shotgun and blasted him clear across an alley. HELL YEAH!!!

Unforgiving with Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman are ex-gunmen that for a last time after their prime go to do a job for a purse that should bail them out of poverty. These guys battle a town ran my Gene Hackman and his goons that is the most brutal gunfight I can remember. Clint Eastwood becomes a ruthless SOB!!! Damn I want to go rent it again! ha-ha

Tombstone is one hell of a story told many times but when it came out and Wyatt Earp came out everyone had their opinion which show was the best and I think it was Tombstone. One hell of a story, lots of gunfights and edge of your seat suspense. A combination of Kurt Russell, Sam Elliott, Val Kilmer and Bill Paxton made for some true grit shooting, riding; dare me to do it kind of western…

Another pairing of 4 mega stars was in Young Guns combining Emilio Estevez, Kiefer Sutherland, Lou Diamond Phillips and Charlie Sheen. Charlie Sheen is a mans, man anyway… L D P is one hell of an actor and Emilio Estevez really played a young crazy hotshot that Billie the Kid was… Now for Kiefer Sutherland played a pussy and every since then I have always thought of him that way. Everyone likes 24 but I still see him as a pussy… The ride hard, shoot anything that moves, smoke shit you should’t and trust no one made for a great western on my list…

Hidalgo with Viggo Mortensen was a great endurance of the wild colts every good cowboy had to have. It showed the love a guy can have for a good horse and had great action. Not much shooting but was still a western era movie that got you rooting for the underdog… I hadn’t heard of Viggo Mortensen before and I really didn’t think of him or Hidalgo until I watched Appaloosa. He did great in both and made me think where I had seen him before.

Appaloosa was less than expected and more than expected. I thought it was another big gun fight movie and it was far from that. In-fact there was only one gun fight and it was short lived and less than great but the movie was a great show of how two guys in a rough dusty time stick together. The loyalty in those days, to men like that, is worth more than most things in life. It was also very realistic in how men chose to stick with women and why… It’s a love story but it was a good western… Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen play their roll awesome… Decisions as a gunslinger were pretty much cut and dry, which side of the law is the only decision to contemplate…

Dances with Wolves also not a big gun fight story but another love story. Kevin Costner showed a great story of Cowboys and Indians in a time of Buffalo and War. My favorite part of the movie was in the beginning when he tried to kill himself riding across the enemy lines that proved to be heroic and motivating to his fellow troops. It also showed how well those old muzzle loaders did not shoot. I also cringe every time I see him slip his bloody blistered feet back into his boots. Damn that had to hurt…

Lonesome Dove!!! One of my very favorite westerns, hell movies period… This movie is a love story, story of western era grit, and a testament of friends. Hoop named his English bulldog after Gus. This is a movie that everyone can watch weather you’re a western movie goers or not. Robert Duvall again, Tommy Lee Jones and Danny Glover play their parts to a tee… The whore was hot too. Want to split cards???

Well I realized I just wrote more on this than I have ever wrote before and its mostly because I’m at work bored off my ass and had nothing else better to do and once everyone sees how long they have to read will most likely dismiss and find something else to read or do!!! HAHAHA

JOSH
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Spaghetti Westerns! Empty Re: Spaghetti Westerns!

Post by Tulip Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:10 am

How could you not like John Wayne movies? The Searchers, The Sons of Katie Elder, True Grit, The Shootist, etc. Something is not right with you. Very Happy
    hoop5
    hoop5

Post by hoop5 Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:38 am

Were you drunk and bored when you wrote this????

Amanda must have been smoking the peace pipe and you got some secondhand smoke Twisted Evil
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:53 am

HAHAHAHA!!!

I was BORED OUT OF MY GORD!!! at work...

Yeah I know, I know...

JOSH
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:55 am

Tulip wrote:How could you not like John Wayne movies? The Searchers, The Sons of Katie Elder, True Grit, The Shootist, etc. Something is not right with you. Very Happy

hey Pops!!! I have never heard of any of those movies! i grew up in the 80s and we had color tv!!!

JOSH lol!
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:07 pm

You mean they had color tv in Arkansas in the 80's? Hell, wonders never cease. I thought you guys just discovered the internet. lol!
    pinkracecar
    pinkracecar

Post by pinkracecar Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:31 am

How 'bout "Silverado" with Kevin Costner and Scott Glenn?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:49 pm