got tulip crew aka gtc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place where the members of the got tulip crew can talk about wheelin trips, fabrication, etc.

+2
Anvil Recovery
Tulip
6 posters

80 gallon compressor is all hooked up

Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

80 gallon compressor is all hooked up Empty 80 gallon compressor is all hooked up

Post by Tulip Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:16 pm

Mucho thanks to Foley for all the help. Now I have 2 110 drops, a 50 amp welder drop, and put my 80 gallon compressor on a 20 amp non fuseable disconnect so I wouldn't have to unplug it from the wall or flip the breaker to turn it off. We put all this on the big bay side of the shop that had no plugs; I will post pics of it later. Quote of the night, "That's why novice's shouldn't do electrical work" Very Happy
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

80 gallon compressor is all hooked up Empty Re: 80 gallon compressor is all hooked up

Post by Anvil Recovery Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:12 am

ok so where are the pics???

JOSH
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

80 gallon compressor is all hooked up Empty Re: 80 gallon compressor is all hooked up

Post by Tulip Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:59 pm

Yeah yeah. I will take some pics tonight. I had to entertain my Mom and Dad all weekend so it turned what was supposed to be a relaxing productive weekend in the shop, to a hectic weekend of me being a tour guide around Dallas entertaining my parent.

Hoping to get a few days of shop time in this week. Need to take the steering gear off the Scrambler that finally gave up the ghost after Moab, and then take off all the sagged leaf springs and get some new ones.
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:27 pm

No more pics from me until you post pics of the compressor!!! cheers

JOSH
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:52 pm

HAHAHAHAHA Will get some tonight and post up for sure. LOL
    Robbie
    Robbie
    Knower of All

Post by Robbie Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:22 am

So where are they?
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:01 am

Work has been kicking my butt, sorry. Will try again tonight.
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:30 am

Here are some pics

80 gallon compressor is all hooked up 8112009_10

80 gallon compressor is all hooked up Picture011

80 gallon compressor is all hooked up 8112009_9
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:02 am

WEAK! your tank needs more stickers!!! LOL

Looks good, How loud is it?

The older mine gets and more rattely it gets and the more I hate it inside. I poored a 4x4 concrete pad outside but just never got around to setting outside and buidling a hut for it to set in. Id like to do that but have decided not to since I am hoping to move back to Dallas soon...

Nice score by the way!

JOSH
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:22 am

It's loud enough, but not as loud as that oil-less 33 gallon that I have. I purposely put the drop for the compressor in that location for the exact same reason Josh. I want to eventually put a 4x4 pad outside to run it, and all it would take is to punch two small holes for the air drop and the electric drop. I am hoping to do that whenever someone decides to bring a dozer by and help level out my place. Very Happy

I still need to run it again, get the motor hot and then drain the oil. Oil is still pretty back from not being changed...............EVER!!! Also still need to run the air drops for it as well throughout the shop.
    foley
    foley

Post by foley Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:27 pm

I was gonna ask when there was gonna be an air line hooked to it, I wouldn't call it's current state "up and running"
    JeepMonkey
    JeepMonkey

Post by JeepMonkey Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:51 pm

plus on that side of the shop it will need a floating dock built under it for when it rains. lol!
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:46 pm

Are you supposed to change the oil in compressors??? I figured when I decide to upgrade to a larger compressor that my current one would be worth more with its ORIGINAL oil... Sad

Maybe thats why mine is knocking so loud these days???

JOSH
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:34 am

Finally got around to running some air lines so that I could use my 80 gallon compressor. I used 1/2" Type M Copper lines. I couldn't afford to do the entire shop, so I ran enough so I could use my air reel and get rid of the loud 33 gallon oiless compressor. In the future, I will run lines to the other end of the shop and add another air reel. I will have drops between the two air reels at several spots so I can use them near a drill press, welding table, etc. I took some pics of how it looks:

Filters coming off the compressor, will allow me to run my Plasma without issues

80 gallon compressor is all hooked up AirLines002

I added a 1/2" ball valve at every drop so I could drain the condensation

80 gallon compressor is all hooked up AirLines003

Josh inquired how I was securing the lines. I am using an anchor normally used for conduit. Works perfect.

80 gallon compressor is all hooked up AirLines006

After I was done I found a leak. The wet section you are seeing is where I sprayed soapy water. Plus I wet the wood so I wouldn't start a fire. Shocked

80 gallon compressor is all hooked up AirLines008

I tried to fix the leak but had to end up cutting that section out and replacing it

80 gallon compressor is all hooked up AirLines009

How the finished product looks

80 gallon compressor is all hooked up AirLines007
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:24 pm

That all looks real nice. I want to turn my compressor up to 135psi... Do you know what the psi ratting is on the copper tube??? I desperately need air lines in my shop...

Looks good Tulip!!!
    JOSH
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:42 pm

I believe the psi rating is 150
    White Lightening
    White Lightening

Post by White Lightening Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:36 am

Its about time you got something done other than cleaning house......LMAO

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:14 am