got tulip crew aka gtc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Place where the members of the got tulip crew can talk about wheelin trips, fabrication, etc.

4 posters

Anyone have any CB tech???

Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Anyone have any CB tech??? Empty Anyone have any CB tech???

Post by Anvil Recovery Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:04 pm

I sent BillaVista a PM on pirate about him possibly writing a tech article on CB's but does anyone have good info on CB's??? With my big air horns on the Dodge I need a good clear reliable CB to make me feel more like the Bandit...

Hell I dont even know nomenclature of a CB, or how to tune the knobs correctly. I have a linear that I bought a while back and a peek meter but dont know how to use it...

I really want a HOTROD of a CB. Edumicate me...

JOSH
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Anyone have any CB tech??? Empty Re: Anyone have any CB tech???

Post by Anvil Recovery Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:50 am

Ok so I know a guy!

I remember when I was a kid a friend of mine had a brother that wanted to be a truck driver and had CBs and Hamm radios at the age of 12. We always made fun of him, called him names and stuff... He would get so mad when we would get on his radios and cause trouble or when we would go outside and shake his antennas... Anyway so I called my buddy up and asked what ever happened to his brother. Well he is a truck driver! And he still uses Hamm! LOL

I asked my buddy, "do you think your brother would still remember me and would he mind talking radios with me"

His response was "sure he will remember you, how could he forget! You tried blaming him for blowing up the neighbors driveway with a pipe bomb in the 4th grade" I'm thinking hell, of all the things I have done in my life he's going to remember me for that???

My buddy did warn me though. He said, "Jim loves talking about that shit as long as you are up to listening to him blabber like he's a chemical engineer for NASA...

So I call him up and he talks to me about all kinds of shit that I have never even heard of much less even start to under stand and this went on for about 40 minutes, so I interrupted him and said this is what I need...

I want simple! I want reliable! I want clear! I want a 5 to 10 mile range!

After all the top secret NASA mumbo he has recommended the following
    1 Cobra 29 Classic, no weather band, no soundtrack
    2 RoadKing56 noise canceling mic
    3 Frances 5/8 wave antenna

He said that the mic and radio do not work together but said it was a 2 minute modification and he would tune it give me a lesson on how to properly operate the radio and set all the knobs. After all the years of grief I gave him in our youth he said he would not charge me.

He also said after I used it a while if I needed more he will set me up with a mother of an amplifier!!!

Now I was kinda wanted a General Lee 10 meter radio but he said it would be twice the price for the radio and would cost me a 100 or so to modify it to get what I wanted from it. He said there is a reason every trucker and every truck stop still runs the Cobra 29 Classic and its because its easy to modify, its reliable and it takes the vibrations the big rigs give.

There is one advantage to the Cobra 29 classic for me and that's because Amanda bought me one a couple years ago and I still have it in the box thinking I would put it in the Jeep cause its basic but I'm thinking now its going to go in the Dodge...

NO TULIP IM NOT RUNNING TWIN WHIPS!!! YOU F-ING REDNECK Laughing

JOSH
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:30 am

Dare to dream you fucker. All the cool people are runnin' double whips. Laughing
    Scrambled
    Scrambled

Anyone have any CB tech??? Empty CBs - I Know a Bit...

Post by Scrambled Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:42 am

But there is just too much to type - send me an email at markchambers@verizon.net with your digits, I'll give you a call.

I am a HAM radio operator, and have a fair amount of background with radio. I can give you some ideas.

Cheers!

Mark Chambers
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:58 am

Scrambled wrote:But there is just too much to type - send me an email at markchambers@verizon.net with your digits, I'll give you a call.

I am a HAM radio operator, and have a fair amount of background with radio. I can give you some ideas.

Cheers!

Mark Chambers

Yeah Mark Id like to pick your brain some. Tulip and I have been talking about the Ham thing. I'm very interested but i need the lessons for dummies... I need to start with basics...

JOSH
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:17 am

I found the quackshack today so I'm going to try and educate myself on the lingo! Smile

JOSH
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:07 pm

Anyone have any CB tech??? Cb_cov12

bounce JOSH
    Tulip
    Tulip
    Admin

Post by Tulip Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:50 am

Josh you should tell the story when you were being a goofball and you went to pass someone in your rig, and you didn't see a dip and you jumped your rig and your foot slipped and hit your General Lee Horn button as you were flying through the air. Laughing
    Anvil Recovery
    Anvil Recovery

Post by Anvil Recovery Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:39 pm

Are you kidding??? To many people saw that and thought I did that on purose!!! HAHAHAHA

Maybe over a campfire in Moab?

JOSH

By the way I got my CB face plate. Its sweet. i want to find a kick ass mount or maybe use the pan brake to form one up???

Ill post a pic when I get it done...

JOSH
    cbaer
    cbaer

Post by cbaer Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:19 am

Why don't you get 2 papercups and some string like the rest of us?
    clown clown

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content